To help ensure your organisation is as responsive as possible to staff, clients and the community in times of disaster, QCOSS has bought together a range of resources that can help you to develop business continuity plans that are relevant, useful, and don't just sit in a drawer.
We will walk you through a series of questions to prompt your thinking about your organisations planning and preparedness for disaster and other significant disruptions, such as natural disasters, technology failure or sudden loss of staff.
At each step we will provide you with links to resources that to help you be as ready as possible for challenging times.
Business continuity planning: a prevention, preparedness, response and recovery framework
The Queensland Government has developed a business continuity planning process that uses a Prevention, Preparedness, Response and Recovery (PPRR) framework.
We will use this framework to help you with considering your organisation's business continuity planning.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our normal way of operating and as a result organisations should be updating their business continuity plans to prepare and respond to the crisis. Find more information on business continuity planning on our dedicated COVID-19 section.
Resilient Community Organisations
The Australian Council of Social Service (ACOSS) has developed Resilient Community Organisations, a toolkit for the community sector to help them measure and improve their resilience to disasters and emergencies.
The toolkit includes:
- A benchmarking system so organisations can access their current state of preparedness for disasters and emergencies and identify areas of improvement.
- Six Steps to Disaster Resilence, which provide information and resources organisations need to take action.
Disaster resilience is about 'bouncing back' from disasters and emergencies. Disaster resilient organisations can continue to provide services to people in the community despite the crisis and potect the wellbeing of staff and volunteers. In these ways, disaster resilient organisations contribute to the overall resilience of people, families and communities.
- Business continuity template
- Disaster plan for community organisations
- Preparing your business for natural disasters
- Preparing a risk management plan and business impact analysis
- Business continuity planning
- Develop recovery strategies
- Get Ready Queensland website
- CSIA business continuity and scenario planning template
- CSIA business continuity planning accelerator
|Risk Register Template||235 KB|
|Critical Information List||179 KB|
|Records Storage Risk Assessment Tool||160 KB|
|Disaster Response and Recovery Flow Chart||84.73 KB|
|Business continuity plan template||361.5 KB|
|Disaster plan for community organisations template||89.75 KB|
|CSIA business continuity and scenario template||237.64 KB|
|CSIA business continuity planning and scenario accelerator tool||281.58 KB|