A forum on disaster preparedness for the aged care sector will be held in Logan on 14 December 2017.
The forum aims to identify risks; then explore and agree on actions we can take toegther to ensure older people who may be vulnerable to disasters within the Logan area, are best supported and protected from future disaster impacts.
It will provide:
- Identification of the key players for disaster preparedness for older people
- Stories from previous events - in times of disaster what has worked well and what has not
- Local disaster management arrangements: knowing the people, agencies and processes
- The benefits of good practice disaster preparedness strategies
- The tools and resources available to plan for business continuity and disaster management
- How community based services can improve the capability of older people to prepare for, and respond to natural disasters
How should attend?
- Community based agencies and aged care providers which support vulnerable older people
- Peak bodies for aged care services
- Emergency management agencies
The event is being held by Volunteering Queensland in partnership with Logan City Council
Where: Logan Entertainment Centre, 170 Wembley Rd, Logan Central, Qld, 4114
When: 14 December 2017, 9am-3pm
Catering: Lunch and morning tea provided
Ample parking is available
RSVP: to Simone Hoffman by 5 December on 3002 7613 or by email