In this section we've included information and resources that you might need to help your clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes where to find out more about what government support is available, essential services and what to do if clients can't pay their bills, emergency relief, domestic and family violence supports, housing and health and wellbeing resources.
You'll also find more handy fact sheets under the resources, guidelines and templates.
Up-to-date travel information
Keep checking in at the SmartTraveller website as conditions are constantly evolving. At this time travel advice is set to Level 4 - do not travel.
NSW Government Health - Preparing for an emergency - the smart thing to do (including Emergency Pantry List)
Genos International: Enhancing Psychological Well-being
Tamarack Institute: Guidelines for Working Remotely
Easy read resources
Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN) has produced some easy to read resources:
- What is Coronavirus?
- What does self-quarantine mean?
- An essential items checklist
- Visitor stop sign
- Person-centred emergency preparedness plan
You can find these resources on the QDN website.
Keep up to date with the latest advice at the Department of Health website.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) frequently asked questions
- Information for people with a suspected case
- Information on the use of surgical masks
- Information for close contacts of a confirmed case
- Information about routine environmental cleaning and disinfection in the community
For aged care residents and families
- Information for older Australians
- Advice for retirement villages
- Restrictions on entry into and visitors to aged care facilities
Domestic and family violence
- Effective cleaning in the household is important for reducing the risk of transmission of many germs. This straight-forward guide will assist in enhancing cleanliness around the home.
- COVID-19 cleaning and disinfection recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of an environment
Talking to children about COVID-19
- Redcross Australia - Talking to children and young people about COVID-19