With electricity prices rising significantly in recent years, there is increasing pressure on the community sector to help clients struggling with electricity issues. Many community service organisations have noted an increase in people presenting with an electricity bill they can’t afford to pay.
In this section you will find information to help you provide assistance to clients who may be struggling with electricity or gas bills, and better understand consumer rights when it comes to energy as an essential service. The information covers what to do if you or your client:
- Need help reading an electricity bill
- Are having difficulties paying an electricity or gas bill
- Have been disaconnected or are at risk of disconnection
- Have received a high electricity bill or would like to reduce your energy costs
- Would like to compare electricity retailers or plans
- Have a complaint about an electricity supplier
QCOSS also has a number of energy fact sheets available to download from our website. You can print these fact sheets to hand out to clients.