The overall purpose of the research and evaluation activities reported here was to identify:
- Risks, challenges and barriers to establishing the MTSC pilots.
- Strategies used to overcome problems in planning and implementing the MTSCs pilots.
- Factors such as what size and type of organisation the MTSC concept is most efficient and effective for.
- Expected benefits from the collaboration and that had already been experienced.
- Success factors in establishing the MTSCs.
The Department requested that the final report include a practical and useful ‘checklist’ for NGOs involved in planning and establishing shared and collaborative services which would also draw on a literature review by the report author (Lennie, 2007).
See videos from StudioQ related to this topic