The Social Services Performance and Reform Program of the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services is progressing priorities related to the following elements of the department's Strategic Plan 2016–2020:
• Social services and reforms
• Community inclusion, participation and resilience strategies.
Key initiatives currently underway include:
• the co-development of a future-focused strategy for Queensland’s community services industry
• the development of a Strategic Investment Direction and Action Plan 2017–2019
• the development and implementation of strategies to promote social and economic participation for young people, seniors and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Initiatives delivering on the Social Services Performance and Reform Program are reported on in the monthly communique. The most recent editions of the Communique are now available: